COVID-19 Update - Stapleton Storage
February 16, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
Over the last several weeks, K2 Property Management has been monitoring the rapidly evolving impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the communities we continue to serve, in all respects, through the crisis period. While we are open for business and able to meet your storage and supply needs, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We have been fortunate to serve the communities we are a part of, some for over 10 years, and we thank our first responders and local, state and federal organizations currently working around the clock to mitigate this very complex situation.
Over the course of these next days and weeks, we will begin to implement new procedures to encourage social distancing and slow the spread of COVID-19. The following are specific actions we are implementing immediately to help keep you and our associates as safe as possible as we continue our commitment to serve you:
- All in-person visits will be by appointment only.
- We will be conducting all business matters by phone, please call us at 303-427-7522 during our regular business hours and we will assist you with all normal business operations.
- You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you before end of business day.
- All rent payments due must be in the form of a cashier’s check, money order or business/personal check. NO CASH PAYMENTS will be accepted. You can pay by phone, mail in your payment, pay online www.uhaul.com/account or use the on-site payment drop box.
- For our customers not currently enrolled in our auto-pay system, please call 303-427-7522 to receive a one-time discount on your next payment when you enroll.
- If making a late payment please allow 24 hrs. for the overlock to be removed on your unit.
As of this letter I am relieved to report that none of our employees have reported any symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19. The measures we are implementing are precautionary and we will continue to serve you with all facets of our business, to the best of our abilities and with as little restrictions as possible.
As mentioned, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, associates and community is of paramount concern. We will continue to monitor the quickly evolving situation and are here to assist you as needed.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov
and our local county website arapahoegov.com
Thank you for your understanding,